Scott and Jennifer Ertl recently hooked me up with a really fun product: SHMILY coins.
Let me explain. SHMILY stands for “See How Much I Love You.”
You probably haven’t read the SHMILY story before, but it’s a powerful short story that inspired Scott and Jennifer to start a business to help couples and families nurture their relationships. Here’s a link to read the SHMILY Story. It’s really sweet!
Let me share with you what exactly the SHMILY coin is: SHMILY coins are small wooden tokens that can be hidden in your loved one’s wallet, purse, pillow, suitcase, dashboard, under their windshield wiper, in a card, briefcase, or any other place where it is sure to be found with an appreciative smile. SHMILY coins renew the playful part of any loving relationship, whether it’s a spouse, sibling, child or friend. Everyone enjoys being reminded that they are loved–especially when the reminder comes at an unexpected time or place!
My family received these coins 4 days ago, and boy oh boy, have we had fun with them! I sat my children down and read the SHMILY story to them, after which we divided the coins amongst ourselves. We then decided that we would not only hide the coins for each other to find, but we would add a little twist to our family’s game: We could either hide the coins, or we could secretly perform an act of service and leave a coin in the place where the service was performed.
It was a hit! Immediately upon dividing the coins, Munchkin kicked me out of my room…I assumed to make my bed and leave a coin. I decided to do the same to her. She took FOREVER in there. To my surprise, she hadn’t just made my bed: she’d also cleaned my entire room! So cute and fun!
Some other fun places we’ve left them:
- On each others’ beds after making them.
- On top of pictures we’d drawn for each other.
- In the cereal box to pour out when getting breakfast (that was a fun one!)
- In each others’ shoes.
- We even put one on the cats’ food bowl after feeding them! (I didn’t get a picture of that one, darn it)
Here’s a pic of a drawing Munchkin made for me using shapes:
And when Munchkin woke up sick this morning and unable to go to school, I wanted to give her a lot of love:
I would recommend these to anyone looking for a simple, easy, and meaningful way to show just a little bit more love in the home. These coins have led to more hugs, more smiles, and more expressions of love in my home. As Munchkin said, “There’s never too many ways to show how much I love you, Mom!” (You tender-hearted souls may now begin melting…)
Now for the exciting part….YOU can BUY these for yourself (as low as $0.49 each for bulk orders) or enter to WIN 10 of them here!!!
One lucky winner will receive 10 FREE SHMILY COINS!
To enter, leave a comment for EACH entry you earn. Be sure to leave a SEPARATE comment for each entry, and PLEASE include your email address in the first comment.
You MUST complete this entry first before any other entry will count!
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect (You can do so on the right hand side of the blog…I just finally figured out how to add it lol) (1 entry)
- “Like” me on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Follow Better on a Budget on Twitter. (1 entry)
- Subscribe via RSS feed (top right hand side of the blog) (2 entries)
- Tweet about the giveaway with a link back here (1 entry per tweet/1 tweet per day)
- Blog about this giveaway with a link back here (5 entries – remember to leave 5 separate comments for this one!)
This giveaway will be open until Monday, February 7 at Midnight EST. The winner will be announced the following day. Good luck!