I’m recovering from a rotten weekend. And prepping for a crazy week. Not the best combination…my poor family!
We racked up $825 in unexpected car repair costs this weekend. And I had a negative reaction to chocolate (it was the food I was allowed to add back in this last week). And I had to rip out a section of carpet from my room, and cannot afford to replace it. But then yesterday I woke up to the news that a friend had been in a car accident and her only son, a precious little 1-year old, had not made it. Her husband passed away later that evening.
I’m heartbroken. I’m sick to my stomach. I’m stressed. I’m mad at myself for even worrying about the smaller stuff, like the car and the chocolate. But, I still have a family to care for, meals to cook, work to attend, bills to pay. So, here I am, menu planning with food from our pantry only…because, well, we’re in money-saving mode.
(There is a GoFundMe page set up – since the only pain any of us can help alleviate right now is the financial burden. You can find it here.)
And since life must go on, as it always does, here is the menu plan for the week:
- Whole wheat toast
- Cereal (chex and cheerios)
- Fresh fruit
- Brown rice with garden salsa and leftover chicken
- Whole wheat bread
- String cheese
- Fresh veggies (carrots, garden tomatoes, garden cucumbers)
- Fresh fruit (pineapple, apples, oranges)
- Monday – Steak and Potato Stew
- Tuesday – Leftover Teriyaki Chicken, brown rice, lettuce salad
- Wednesday – Baked Potato Bar
- Thursday – Crockpot Turkey Chili
- Friday – Leftover Night
- Saturday – Tacos and Quesadillas
- Sunday – Dinner at my mom’s
The goals for this week…really, it’s more of a “to-do” list than a goal list:
- Wednesday take Buddy Boy to the dentist to get his work done.
- Wednesday take Munchkin to her Parent-Teacher conference.
- Wednesday take Munchkin to her gymnastics.
- Thursday take Buddy Boy to his Parent-Teacher conference.
- Thursday go to my doctor appointment.
- Saturday Buddy Boy’s baseball game.
- Wednesday and Saturday pick the apples from our tree; can and preserve applesauce.
I hope you all have a happy and productive week. And please, take the time to hug your family a little tighter, and to love them a little better. Life can change forever in the blink of an eye.
Linked up at OrgJunkie.