I had an amazing week last week. I went on a river trip with a group of strangers with a non-profit organization called Soul-R-Eclipse. They took a group of autism moms on a 4-day trip, and it was incredible. I accomplished more internally than I would ever have imagined. I will be sharing more photos and info about the trip on Wordless Wednesday this week.
So anyway, I’m back to reality, and the summer break has begun. I’m excited to start a new, more relaxed, and still productive, routine. A huge part of that will always be meal planning. Because I don’t work during the summer months, our income is less, and our grocery budget is less than the rest of the year. This menu plan will probably reflect that a bit. Here are the meals I have planned for the week:
- Chicken n’ Dumplings
- Hawaiian Haystacks
- Chicken Fajitas
- Spaghetti (served with noodles for the kids, and quinoa for me)
- Taco Soup
- Leftover night
- Family dinner for Father’s Day
I also have a set of goals for the week, but it mostly involves getting my family into a routine, so we don’t waste all of our summer days away:
- Call and schedule doctor appointments for both kids.
- Begin de-cluttering process in each room of the house.
- Create a weekly chore schedule for myself and the kids. This will include “online” chores, such as scheduling blog posts, household chores, and “physical” chores, like getting a daily walk in, etc.
- Take my daughter to her first young women’s camp.
That’s about it from me. I hope everyone has a blessed week!
*Linked at OrgJunkie.