Another new week, more changes coming.
I started my new job last week. I’ve been in training, and I’m realizing that it is going to be more physically demanding than what I’m used to. I’m pretty excited about that, though, because it’ll help keep me in shape!
My daughter is starting school THIS week. It’s her first year of junior high, so it’s a big and exciting thing for her. I hope we’ve got everything ready! Guess we’ll find out soon enough. I think that as hard as it is to see summer break end, it’s probably good for us to get back into a routine.
Last week, I tried a new recipe for Chicken and Dumplings from More Than Simply Living. It was a hit! I’m so glad to have another gluten free crockpot recipe that I can use in my meal rotation now. Here are the meal plans for this week. As usual, we’re keeping things simple and easy to duplicate.
- Toast with fruit
- Cereal with fruit
- Country Breakfast Bowls
- Pb & J sandwiches with carrots
- Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
- Leftover dinners
- School lunch
- Hawaiin Haystacks
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Spaghetti (gf noodles for me) with homemade spaghetti sauce
- Navajo Taco Bar
- Leftover night
As for the weekly goals, well let’s take a look at how last week went:
Finish back to school/work shopping. – YES Make a freezer batch of Country Breakfast Bowls. – YES Vacuum out car.– YES Go to the library and return booksand finish the summer reading program. YES, I returned the books: NO, I didn’t get the summer reading program signed off.
The goals for this week:
- Make sure all is ready for Munchkin to start school.
- Make a batch of homemade pickles (the cucumbers are out of control in our garden!)
- Get the summer reading program signed off at my local library.
- Have dinner on the table every night (this is a goal this week because it’s my first full week being a full-time employee since having kids and I’m nervous I’ll fall behind).
That’s it for me! I hope you ll have a great week! What are your plans?