If you are like the average couple, your dates seem to revolve around the usual, tried and tested same old movie and dinner dates.
Could it be because you can’t think of other creative date ideas? Or you think anything outside a movie and dinner date will dent your budget?
There are so many more fun, creative and affordable things you could do on a date! It just takes a little creativity and thinking ‘outside the box’.
These 8 ideas below are fun, frugal and far-reaching. They should help get your dating creative juices flowing:
- Have a blindfold guess – our – location drive! Go for a drive together with your partner blindfolded. Drive for a few minutes and have them guess where you are. They get points for guessing right or almost right. Do this in turns.
- Go for a walk around town on a Friday or Saturday night. Soak in the atmosphere.
- Challenge each other to a contest. It could be anything at all! The sillier, the more fun!
- Have Theme night (or day) date. Pick a theme and do everything in line with the theme. Example, Time Travel. Go back to the first date you had. What were the top movies from that year, to your favorite food at that time. Rent or borrow a movie from the year you first started dating, pop some popcorn, make your (past) favorite meal, and enjoy a night in!
- Get 2 painting canvas and each paint an original art picture for your wall together.
- Bubble bath and massage. Settle in for a night of pampering at home. Run a bubble bath and then treat each other to full-body massages.
- Go to a thrift store and give each other a budget, say $5 or $10 each. You have 10 minutes to shop for the “perfect” gift for your partner at the store, using the budget set. OR, you can go to a thrift store and buy each other outfits. Each is required to wear the outfit the other picked out for them for the rest of the evening.
- Pick a new recipe for a food you’ve never made, but always wanted to try. Work together putting together, and later enjoying the food.
You don’t have to stick to the conventional date to have fun.
An assortment of creativity and frugality can give you the amazing and memorable dates you always dreamed of.
What are some of YOUR favorite frugal date ideas? Leave a comment below!