I need to apologize now, because this is going to be quick and really no fun. I’m exhausted. Mentally, physically, emotionally – I’m pretty sure many can relate, right? Every year I vow to do better in the winter, and to not allow depression (or SAD) creep up on me, and I always get really close to spring before I go kaput. We’re at that point. The good news is that it definitely won’t last forever. Warmer weather, fresh outdoor air, and sunshine will be here soon (hopefully)!! In the meantime, I’m gonna do the best I can for meal planning:
- Chili with baked fries – I’ll use a batch of chili from the freezer that I made a few weeks ago, and home bake the potatoes as fries.
- Everyday Meatloaf – This is a new recipe I’ll be trying from the book, Everyday Paleo. The Paleo diet seems to be the closest to a match for my personal needs, so this weekend I went to my local library and checked out every single paleo cookbook they had (only 3, but believe you me, I put others on hold).
- Dill and Lime-baked Chicken thighs – I’m totally making this up. We’ll see what happens.
- Leftover night
Last week’s goals went okay, but there were quite a few changes due to circumstances beyond our control. For example:
Get budget set up and prepared for March.
- Blue and Gold Scout banquet – didn’t happen. Buddy Boy had a complete meltdown about an hour before and we simply couldn’t get him calmed down. Autism really sucks sometimes. My husband went though, since he’s the den leader! So I suppose we kinda can cross it off.
Parent Teacher conferences for Buddy Boy Leave work early Wednesday and Thursday
- Go into work early every day – Tried to, but there was an accident on the freeway one morning, so that didn’t quite work out!
Get hubby packed and sent on his trip
- Gymnastics for Munchkin – Nope. The silly girl decided to hurt herself. Luckily, it’s not a major break…just a chipped finger bone.
Swimming lessons for Buddy Boy
- Make cookies for some neighbors. – I completely, COMPLETELY forgot about this.
And the goals for the week? Well, I’m not being too overly ambitious, I don’t think. How do so many of you do it?? I admire you.
- Finish giveaway on the blog (Go HERE to enter – the entries are extremely low!)
- Type up new recipes from cookbooks to try.
- Update the blog with our latest Debt numbers.
That’s it for this week. Happy March, my friends!!
*Linked up at OrgJunkie