WOW. Did June FLY by or what? I do not like how quickly this summer is going by…
We enjoyed our week, however. My son graduated from his preschool program, and that was exciting for him!
Friday we drove up to Silver Lake, walked around, and then hiked up above to Twin Lake:
The view of Silver Lake about halfway up to Twin Lake
Twin Lakes (although I only actually saw one lake…not sure why the name is plural)
I went to Lambert’s Floral and Nursery for their end-of-year sale. I wish I’d taken a picture of all I got! A flat full of plants was $6, so I got myself 2 basil plants, 1 lemon basil, 1 parsley, 3 zucchini, 2 Crookneck squash, 1 White tomato, 3 Brandywine heirloom tomatoes, 1 Heartland tomato, 2 Cherokee Purple heirloom tomatoes, 2 Black Krill heirloom tomatoes, and 2 Mortgage Lifter heirloom tomatoes. SO many tomatoes! While the place doesn’t have a huge selection the last week they’re open, it’s well worth it to me to search and get prices like that.
So, here’s the summary:
- Call local nursery, find out when they’re having their end-of-season sale. – YES
- Attend Buddy Boy’s preschool graduation party. – YES
- Attend fundraiser yard sale on Saturday. – YES
- 12-year anniversary - YES
- Plan family day trip to the Bonneville Salt Flats. - YES
This week’s plan:
- Research/plan activity at the Clark Planetarium.
- Finish getting Bear Lake weekend planned.
- Make a batch of homemade laundry detergent.
- Work up a new daily cleaning schedule.
- Begin new daily “schedule” now that Buddy Boy is out of school.
That’s it for me! Everyone please have a happy and SAFE Independence Day!