Here are a few more quotes about service…although they’re a little more “lighthearted”:
“Service is like wetting your pants; everyone can see what you’ve done, but only you can feel the warmth.”
Top Ten Failed Slogans for our Volunteer Program
- You said that when the going gets tough, the tough get going. Well, it’s starting to get tough, so we’re going.
- Volunteers are good……for nothing! (& AmeriCorps Volunteers are good for practically nothing!)
- Community service….. It’s not just for hardened criminals on parole, anymore.
- Volunteer!…..What else are you going to do with a liberal arts degree?
- Volunteerism…..the other white meat. (Submitted by the Council for the Radical Advancement of Pork).
- The Golden Rule Still Applies, Unless You’re A Sado-Masochist
- Project SERV volunteers do it for free.
- Volunteer, cause you’d like your resume to be at least of a page.
- Altruism is not a disease.
- Please help us by submitting your slogan proposal. The winner gets a free cup of coffee.
Submitted by Brandon Rogers, Director, Project SERV, KS from local newsletter