Any Dave Ramsey fans here? I’m willing to bet there is a few!
I love Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace program. A few years ago I bought the Financial Peace program on CD for my birthday, and it inspires me to this day.
When I found out that there was a Financial Peace Jr. kit available for kids ages 3-12, I knew I had to get one for Munchkin. So I bought one about 8 months ago.
We LOVE it.
Our jobs as parents isn’t simply to make our kids happy. We need to teach them about life…REAL LIFE. Money is a part of that.
From the Dave Ramsey Website:
“Teach your children how to handle money while they are young, and they won’t make costly mistakes later in life. It’s never too late to start!
Financial Peace Jr. is the power of Financial Peace University tailored for children ages 3-12. It is a hands-on way to teach children the value of earning money.
Recommended for kids ages 3-12.
- Dry-erase board to track commission earnings
- Dry-erase board to track savings amounts
- Envelope system (3 separate envelopes)
- Clip-n-carry coin case
- Give, Spend, and Save magnets
- Cool calculator
- Instruction manual
- Instructional audio CD”
My daughter has really enjoyed using this. She has saved up for and bought a pair of roller skates, a zhu zhu pet, and a movie so far. She also has a blast going to the bank every month or so and depositing money…it makes her so happy!
Like what you see? Go to Dave’s site and BUY IT for $19.99.
WIN IT HERE!!
*Below are the different ways you can enter. PLEASE leave a SEPARATE COMMENT for EACH AND EVERY entry you earn. None of these entries are mandatory; you can pick and choose which entries you’d like to earn:
- Follow Better on a Budget through Google Friend Connect (if you are already a follower, comment and let me know) – 1 entry
- Like Better on a Budget on Facebook. (current “likers” just leave a comment letting me know) – 1 entry
- Follow Better on a Budget on Twitter - 1 entry
- Blog about this giveaway with a link back to here - 5 entries
- Tweet about it and leave me a link – 1 entry per day per tweet
- Share about the giveaway on your facebook page and let me know – 1 entry per day per post
- Suscribe to my reader (RSS) – 2 entries
This giveaway is will end on Monday, February 14th at midnight EST. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced the following day, February 15th. Good luck!!
Those who live in and around the Salt Lake Valley should check these fabulous classes out! Thanks to My Kids Eye View for the information.
All classes are at the main library, you can probably find more info on their website.
Join The City Library and Wasatch Community Gardens for a series of workshops to jump-start your 2011 garden! All events take place in the Main Library’s Level 4 Conference Room.
Saturday, January 29, 10:00 a.m. Noon
Starting a Community Garden
Saturday, February 26, 10:00 a.m. Noon
Beginning Organic Gardening
Saturday, February 26, 1:00 3:00 p.m.
Selling Your Produce at the Farmer’s Market
Saturday, March 5, 10:00 a.m. Noon
Garden Planning and Design
Saturday, March 5, 1:00 3:00 p.m.
Beyond Beginning Organic Gardening
Enjoy the many freebies this week:
Get a free sample of Den Tek Floss Picks.
GO HERE for a free sample of Oxy Clinical.
Get a free copy of The Allergy Sufferer’s Survival Guide.
Sign up to receive a sample of Avril Lavrigne’s newest fragrance, “Forbidden Rose.”
Get a free Depend sample.
Go here to request a free sample of Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Serum.
Request a free NutriiVeda Difference Sample.
Get a free sample of fish food from Aquadine.
Register for free True Citrus Samples HERE.
Get a free Purina One Smartblend sample from Sam’s Club (Membership NOT required).
GO HERE to print a coupon good for a free Firecracker Chicken Breast serving at Panda Express.
It’s that time again…time to look over my week and see how I did, and then (most likely) to make amends and promise to do better this next week! Here goes:
- De-clutter that darn hall closet. – NO…Maybe I should take this off the list?
- Make a dentist appointment for the kids. – NO…can’t take this one off.
- Clean off the filing cabinet. – YES
- Write up and organize a daily to-do list. – YES
- Lose 2 lbs. (Hope I’m not setting myself up here) – NO, but I lost 1 lb, and I’m gonna happily take it!
I’ll admit that I’m going to purposely make this week’s list easy. I woke up yesterday with the beginnings of a cold and so I’m gonna slack on purpose. So here it is:
- Schedule an appointment to get the cats fixed.
- Do the taxes (I’m assuming that we’ll have all the paperwork sometime this week)
- Start (And hopefully finish) a menu plan for February.
- Read one book.
- Go over February’s grocery budget.
Here’s hoping fora productive and enjoyable week for all.
I don’t know how things are at your house, but here I deal with kids who really, REALLY want me to buy a type of food, and then they eat it for a day and don’t want anymore….case in point:
Now I don’t buy crackers very often, because they’re processed and generally more expensive for my taste. However, when I can find a killer deal on them, I’ll usually buy a few boxes. My kids are always SO excited to see them! For two days straight they’ll want nothing but crackers. Little pills…and then a week later they refuse to eat it and I’ve got an opened box of crackers that doesn’t get finished. Almost finished, but rarely completely.
So…I make crumbs out of ‘em.
These make a beautiful breading for fish, chicken, or a topping for a casserole. But I don’t only use crackers….oh no. I also puree stale pieces of bread and mix it all together. One big happy semi-cheesy crumb family.
I store this stuff in my freezer and whenever I could use a bread/cracker – ish coating, I pop it out. It’s a delicious way to use up those almost – but – not – quite empty boxes of crackers. And don’t think you’re limited to one type! I use saltines, goldfish, cheez-its, and even tortilla chips!
Look how good that stuff looks cooked on fish:
Go HERE to request a sample of Quaker Oatmeal Squares for 10 of your friends…and if you can’t think of anyone, I’ll be your friend. J (just teasing!)
Fill out this form here to request an inhaler pouch from ProAir FHA
Get a free Twitter Guide: Best Practices and Tips.
Get a free sample of Focus Factor from Sam’s Club (no membership required).
Get a free copy of the booklet: Adventures in Parenting.
Free Turbo Tax filing HERE.
H&R Block Free Tax filing HERE.
Sam’s Club Members can request a free sample of Bayer Aspirin.
Request a free sample of Lacoste Parfum HERE.
Head on over here to request a sample of Hugo Boss Men’s Fragrance.
Wendy’s is once again offering coupons for a free fry! Print the coupon here.
Thursday’s Train to Facebook!!
The train is about to leave the station!
$aving Toward A Better Life and Buzzing the Day Away have teamed up to bring you this hop aimed at gaining more Fans to “like” your Facebook page, as well as allowing you to check out some new pages you may not have known about!
If you would like a ticket for this train, all you have to do is follow these steps:
- Check out the Facebook pages of the two engineers (also known as the hostesses); $aving toward a better life and Buzzing the day away. We will be in the first two slots of the linky. Please also check out this week’s Featured Blogger who will be in spot #3. “Like” us and leave a comment on our wall with a link to your Facebook page and we WILL “like” you too!
- Link up your blog name and the URL to your Blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE. (You only need to add your info once and it will be seen on all lists).
- Grab our Thursday’s Train button (located in the left sidebar) and include it in a post on your blog to help us spread the word. The more people that know about this hop, the more fans you will get for your Facebook page! You can include the linky code (at the bottom of the post) if you like as well.
- Go to as many other Facebook pages on the linky as you want and “like” them as well. Be sure to leave a comment on their wall with a link back to you and let them know you rode over on Thursday’s Train!
- Be sure to “like” back any new fans you have gained through our Facebook Hop! A hop only works if people like and like back.
**** Featured Blogger ****
Each week one participant will be chosen at random to receive spot #3 on the following week’s train list. In addition to the #3 spot, we will also be posting an entirely separate blog post featuring this person and highlighting their blog and Facebook page!!
If you would like to be eligible for this fantastic exposure, you must follow the rules of the Train: follow hostesses, say “Hi” so we know you’re following and which blog is yours, and post the Train button on your page.
Please remember to link up your FACEBOOK PAGE and not
your blog. This hop is for family-friendly pages only.
NO personal pages – Facebook fan pages only.