Some frugal-friendly food tips:
- Check your pantry to see what you already have. I have purchased items I thought I needed, only to find they were stuffed in the back of the pantry….NEVER AGAIN!
- Make a price book, and frequently refer to it.
- Clean out your refrigerator, it will help you put away groceries, and again, it will help you see what you have. Try to do it once a week.
- Shop alone, if at all possible. It’ll save you time and potentially a lot of frustration. (Boy, oh boy, don’t get me started on trying to take my Autistic son to the store!)
- Make it yourself. Ban those convenience foods! Make whatever you can make yourself.
- Use Super Cook.com. This site is awesome! You can simply enter the stuff you have on hand and it’ll pull up recipe matches for you.
- Grow a garden. Even if you only have a porch, you can plant a couple of tomato plants….and fresh grown tomatoes are the BEST. EVER. Besides being healthier, tastier, and more frugal, it’s also very satisfying to harvest.