Love Thy Neighbor
There are so many cheap, fun, and EASY ideas to build a better relationship with your neighbor(s)! Brightening someone’s day with a simple gesture can make a world of difference for someone, and it’s SO easy to do. Here are a couple of ideas I’ve done with/for neighbors:
– Buy a bunch of grapes (or pick a bunch from your garden) and deliver them with a note: You’re a GRAPE neighbor” Lame huh? And yet so fun at the same time! Seriously, it’s such a laffy taffy joke, people will laugh simply because you had the guts to do it:-) I have a neighbor who mentioned to me how much her family loves grapes, but that they don’t buy them because of the cost. So I’ll be doing this as soon as there’s a sale ha ha!
– Make cookies, cupcakes, or other fun treats with a note telling them how ‘sweet’ they are.
– Share your garden’s harvest. Heck, share your garden space if you’d like! We had a friend of Munchkin come over for a playdate almost once a week last summer, so she and Munchkin got a garden box and each time she came over we’d water and weed that box. It was so fun watching the girls enjoy their tomato plants!
– In winter when shoveling your walk, spend 5 extra minutes and get the sidewalks of those on either side of you. SO easy, but when a neighbor does it for me, it makes me so happy:-)
– Invite the neighbor kids over to play to give their parents a break.
– In January/February, start some fun flowers indoors. When they’re ready to flower, deliver to neighbors to provide a little spring cheer. Keep a few for yourself too!
This is such an easy idea, I know there’s gotta be hundreds more…what kinds of things do you do to “love your neighbor”?